Do you have problems with your Credit? Bad credit? No Credit? The Better Business Bureau can help with its new "Credit Clues" program. “Credit Clues” is a program designed to provide the most reliable and current information to consumers about the right avenues to take, as well as those to avoid, when attempting to use, build, and most importantly repair their credit. “Credit Clues” kits and computer discs are available to consumers who need them. The kits include information on:
- Building a Better Credit Report
- Credit Sharks
- Being Knee Deep In Debt
- Fair Debt Collection
- How to Choose a Credit Counselor
- Debt-Management Plans
- Personal Bankruptcy
- And more…
Anyone can be defrauded when it comes to matters of securing, building, or repairing credit. Here are some pitfalls a consumer could encounter:
- Advance Fee Credit Scams. Upfront fees, sometimes in the thousands of dollars are paid for “loans,” and “credit cards” that don’t exist.
- Credit Repair Scams. Upfront fees paid to bogus “credit repair” companies.
- Questionable/Unethical Credit Repair Practices. While technically not a scam, the companies involved in this “business” require an upfront fee, and then monthly fees (usually several hundreds of dollars). They make exaggerated promises and claims of success, but the advice they provide is of questionable worth.
If you'd like a "Credit Clues" packet or computer disc, contact the Better Business Bureau at 1-800-388-2222.